December 9, 2013

Livro De Mormon is awesome!


Hi all!                                                                                             December 9, 2013

 So it’s only been a few days since the last pday and not much has changed...the work is continuing! We baptized Wilkaely, the sweetest little 8 year old girl you’ve ever met! I’m the pianist/violinist for the stake choir! Rachael Davies is getting married soon and I really miss her! I got maybe-poison-ivy from this weird fruit tree! We are still trying to figure out that one. Ah well, life happens :) Oh, I also bought

Probably the coolest thing that’s happened was that I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time while on the mission! It was so wonderful. I went through and read it in English, highlighting any reference they made to baptism. If I’m going to be teaching and inviting people to make this sacred convent, I need to understand the doctrine. I learned SO MUCH over the past couple months about this sacred topic, had my own testimony strengthened, and really started to discover what exactly I’m doing here in Brasil. I decided to serve a mission because I love my Savior and wanted to do whatever He asked. But now I am truly doing the work for the PEOPLE here! They are amazing and incredible! I have been so blessed to have the gospel in my life. The chance to be born into the church is probably one of the most precious blessings that the Lord has given me. And now I get to serve and help and lead other people to Christ and it is the most wonderful feeling in the world :)

Have fun in your preparations for Christmas, and don’t forget the Savior!

Love always,
Sister Carroll



 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment