April 24, 2014

Easter

April 21, 2014

I have ZERO time left on the clock
Here´s my spiritual thought of the week:

Pause to ponder the suffering Christ felt in the Garden of Gethsemane. In the awareness of your depth of gratitude for Him, you appreciate every opportunity to show your love for Him by diligently serving in His Church.

I decided last Sunday that I wanted to make Easter week special by working extra hard and going the extra mile to really show my love and gratitude for the Savior. The Lord heard my prayers and gave me MANY opportunities to serve and truly give all of myself this past week. I have never been so tired, I have never worked so hard, and I have never been so happy in my entire life :)

I was asked to lead a division with another group of sisters that have been having troubles the past 3 months, so I spent Tuesday until Saturday working in another area. We saw DAILY miracles, leading up to a wonderful baptismal service for Hugly yesterday. It is incredible how much love I was able to feel for investigators that I have never met and never taught. It was a real experience to serve just to serve - knowing that I will never see these people again, never be there to see them progress until baptism, but I was there to plant the seeds :)

It’s a uniquely special experience to bear testimony and teach about the power of the Atonement on the weekend of Easter Sunday, knowing that I am an authorized representative of Jesus Christ. I have never felt so close to Him, and I don't know if I ever will again. Even in the hard moments, I was so grateful for the opportunity to serve and teach and testify and proclaim the good news of our Savior :) I am earnestly looking forward to the day when I can touch the prints in His hand and feet, like the Nephites of old, and I can stand before Him and say - I celebrated my Easter bearing testimony of Thee.

He lives. He loves us. He gave His all for us, and expects us to follow His example and do the same. The only way to show our love for the Savior is by helping other people.

I love you all so much!
-Sister Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment