September 17, 2013

First week


September 16, 2013

First week!
Phew! So much has been going on, my head is spinning. I think I’ve adjusted quite well to life in the mission field. Here’s a quick overview of my day- Because I’m new, and American, I have study from 8 til 12 every day. Which I’m totally fine with. Personal study is my favorite time of the day, there is so much contained in the scriptures! Then, we have lunch every day from 12 til 2:30. Almoço is the main meal here, so we have a lot of time for lunch because we don’t actually have dinner. Because I’m inside from 8 til 2:30, I miss the hottest part of the day which is reallllly nice. I haven’t burned yet! But I already have a watch tan, just after 5 days! We go out to proselyte from 2:30 til 9, then eat a quick snack at our apartment. It gets dark really early here, 5 or 6, which is also really nice because the night is so much cooler than the day. Mom, I think you would really like Brasil. Everyone is SUPER friendly here. People just sit outside in chairs and talk with their neighbors and family for hours. When we ask to share a message, they just run into the house and get more chairs for us to sit down and talk with them. It’s the most wonderful thing. There is such a strong sense of community and family here. 

K, I haven’t gotten your letter or package yet. We only get mail about once a month here, but tomorrow is zone conference so there is a chance i~ll get something. The address for letters is

Av. Interventor Mario Camara, 2066A
Dix-Sept Rosado, 59062-600
Natal - RN, Brasil

The mission home is actually a really nice apartment right on the beach, and we got to stay there the first night. I’m about a four hour drive from Natal, very far inland. Go to Mossoro, look around the Planalto and Liberdade neighborhoods. See if you can find the chapel!

I am the new ward pianist, big surprise. it was very very nice to be able to play on Sunday.

 Whew! I´ll have to send you a novel next week! 

Miracles happen literally every day here. Prayer is the most powerful tool we have. I’m doing very well, everyone in the ward thinks that I’ve already been out one transfer. It’s interesting dad, my companion (while reporting about me to the DL) said the exact same thing you did in the setting apart meeting. She says that I have no fear, that I~ll talk to everyone. That’s a lie, I have plenty of fear, but it’s not going to stop me from sharing the gospel. I love the fact that I can bear my testimony all the time. I don~t have much, but I have a knowledge of the truth and I can share that with everyone I meet. 

I love you all so much!
Sister Carroll 

Sister Carroll & her CTM district - so silly

Elder Wood & Irma Ferreira

 

No comments:

Post a Comment