May 22, 2014

A short one!


May 19, 2014

Hey all!

Short email this week, I don’t know where the time went!

Saturday morning we helped a single sister in the ward with yard work. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. I was reminded of how important it is to have priesthood in the home. This sister is like a mom of the missionaries, but she doesn’t have any priesthood and its hard and beautiful to watch how the elders take care of her. Give priesthood blessings; help with yard work, etc. Its amazing to see the difference that a good priesthood holder can have in the home. Its all about service. I never, NEVER can imagine home without my dad and my brother, and I wouldn’t be able to live without being married to a strong priesthood holder.

Enough trunkiness. I have a while on the mission still hahah :)

We baptized an INCREDIBLE young man yesterday! His name is Avila, he received all the missionary lessons and then started leaving with us to go visit all his friends! We are already planning the baptism of his best friend Donovan! I have never met a 13-year-old that grasped the principle of service so quickly. (He got up super early to make his mom breakfast on mother’s day. This is rare for 13-year-old boys). Avila  is basically already a little missionary, it makes me so excited to think where he is going to be in a few years :)

Annnnnnd obedience brings blessings, but obedience with exactness brings miracles. And missionaries need miracles every day :)

-Sister Carroll!




No comments:

Post a Comment